Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The day after New Years Day, Clare arrives at Casa Walsh from her Christmas stay with her father in San Diego and listens to the gangs New Years Eve mishap stories which include: Steve babysitting for his two rowdy teenage step-brothers, Ryan and Austin, whom sneak into the After Dark for some rowdy partying. David and Joe skip out on the After Dark party to help Donna persue her escaped parrot.
At the same time, the stress between Kelly and Colin over his drug use escalates to the point of him having Valerie hide his cocaine stash for him. Also, Susan's ex-boyfriend, Jonathan Casten, arrives in town which discourages Brandon when he learns Jonathan's true colors that he wants Susan back for himself.
Even though Steve and Claire weren't in the same place to celebrate New Year's Eve, they ended up having both more fun and frankly more sex (once in a pre-departure afternoon delight, the other when they exchanged X-rated wishes over the phone as 1995 rolled into 1996) than everyone else in the gang, whose NYE festivities were marked by unhappiness, bad surprises, and obnoxious visitors. In no particular order:
- Steve was stuck babysitting his annoying teenaged stepbrothers Ryan and Austin, as Rush dumped the dithering duo on his progeny in exchange for some cash. The two snuck into the PPAD's Rockin' Eve party, and pulled a shaving cream prank that led to Steve slipping and getting a black eye. They also decided to toilet-paper Casa Walsh, and Steve was looking forward to giving Rush the damning report they deserved, until the two became briefly human and simply said how Rush always told them they were worthless and stupid and pathetic. Steve, who is familiar with the many ways Rush is an asshole, gave his papa a sanitized report--then told Ryan and Austin they had a long weekend of housecleaning ahead of them, terms they meekly accepted.
- Valerie was extremely happy about finally spending NYE with someone she really loves in David, but when the annoying pet bird that Joe gave Donna for an Xmas present got free, David ended up joining his ex-girlfriend to find and retrieve Damn Bird, something Valerie wasn't happy about. To make matters worse, Valerie ended up again in the middle of Colin's drug usage and Kelly's scapegoating, as Kelly's early departure from the PPAD party led to Valerie giving Colin a ride home and having him sneak a fresh vial of cocaine through an LAPD sobriety checkpoint. Colin was too trashed to attend the Rose Bowl Parade, and Kelly was quite convinced Valerie got him high. Valerie, who was still sore at David, had had enough and shut up her enemy by handing over the cocaine to her. Kelly was shocked as Valerie bluntly said that she doesn't do drugs, doesn't give a shit if Kelly believes her, and that Colin's drug use is now his GIRLFRIEND'S PROBLEM and no longer hers. She then backtracks a little when Kelly asks why she didn't throw away the cocaine: she wanted Kelly to believe her and to put the target on Colin's sorry drug-abusing ass.
- Brandon is super-excited about spending NYE with Susan Keats, but her attitude is not great from the start--she tries to beg off both an early day party at Colin's and the PPAD event--and when her studly ex Jonathan shows up, Brandon goes from being perplexed by her behavior to angry at it. Jonathan tells Brandon he plans to win Susan back, and Brandon doesn't understand why Susan is tolerating Jonathan's presence at all. The party ends badly and when Brandon heads to the Condor office to take his mind off it with some work, Susan and Jonathan show up and Brandon and Susan have an unpleasant, cold conservation. However, Susan shows up at the house later to tell Brandon she's sorry and she loves him, and that she can't explain the past between her and Jonathan but wants the present and future to be about herself and Brandon. They embrace and kiss as the episode ends.
- Other details: the Corrs play at the PPAD party, and Donna and Joe donate Damn Bird to a top-notch L.A. aviary.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Kathleen Robertson as Clare Arnold
Special Guest Stars