Tiffani-Amber Thiessen was born on January 23, 1974 in Long Beach, California. Her father, Frank, was a park designer and her mother, Robyn, was a homemaker. Tiffani grew up in Long Beach with her parents as the middle sister to her two brothers, Todd and Schuyler. She is of Welsh, German, Greek and Turkish descent, and goes by the nickname Tiff.
Tiffani first appeared in a TV commercial for the Peaches and Cream Barbie Doll. She got her acting break in 1989 when she landed the role of Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell. This role as the squeaky clean popular cheerleader lasted 5 years. Tiffani attended Valley Professional High School, and was crowned Valedictorian in 1992 (when she played the boyfriendless girl named Jennifer "Jenny" Monroe (who got abused by her abusive best friends named Ellen Holloway and Carleecea "Carla" Lewis) (Parody of the boyfriendless girl named Michelle "Missy" Avila (who got abused by her abusive best friends named Karen Severson and Laura Doyle)) on the horror violence tele'movie Killer Among Friends).
After Saved by the Bell, Tiffani was looking for a different kind of character and landed the role as the sexy vixen 'Valerie Malone', on Beverly Hills, 90210. This time instead of the preppy and cheerful cheerleader, Tiffani played a blackmailing and corrupt vixen that knew what she wanted and would stop at nothing to get it. Tiffani's character ended up sleeping with every male on the show, and becoming rivals with every female. In 1998 Tiffani left her role as Valerie Malone to pursue a career in movies. Tiffani was offered a role on Charmed to replace former Beverly Hills, 90210 star Shannen Doherty, but turned it down. In 2000 Tiffani featured in the music video You're a God by Vertical Horizon and in 2003 she featured in a McDonald's commercial that aired during the Academy Awards. When Tiffani starred on Fastlane, she acted along side her best friend, Jennie Garth's real life husband Peter Facinelli. In 2009 she landed the role of 'Elizabeth Burke' on White Collar.
Tiffani married actor Brady Smith on Saturday, July 9th 2005, at a private estate in Montecito, California. Three of her former Beverly Hills, 90210 co-stars attended her wedding; Jason Priestley, Tori Spelling and Lindsay Price. Vera Wang designed her wedding dress.
- Both Tiffani and co-star Jennie Garth auditioned for Saved by the Bell as Kelly Kapowski, though Tiffani got the part.
- Has two children with husband Brady Smith; daughter Harper Renn (born on June 15, 2010) and son Holt Fisher (born on July 1, 2015).
- Began modeling at age 8 after taking her uncle's advice.
- Won the Miss Junior America beauty pageant in 1987.
- Won Teen Magazine's Great Model Search in 1988.
- Made Cover Girl Magazine's Model of the Year 1989.
- Started her own production company, Tit 4 Tat Productions.
- Both of Tiffani's parents have English & German ancestry, she also has Scottish, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish) & Welsh ancestry.
- Attended Cubberley Elementary School and Marshall Junior High School in Long Beach, California.
- Attended Valley Professional High School in Studio City, California; was named class valedictorian in 1992.
- Has five dogs named Buck, Pearl, Bo, Penny, and Maggie; a cat named Savannah; a hen named Ruby; and four chickens named Anna, Elsa, Mabel and Sugar.