- „The closer Kelly and I got to being husband and wife, the more we felt like brother and sister”
BRANDON AND KELLY FACE AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE, VALERIE GETS THE RESULTS OF HER HIV TEST AND LAURA LEIGHTON GUEST-STARS AS SOPHIE BURNS — Brandon and Kelly redefine their relationship and face an uncertain future after their canceled wedding. Valerie gets the results of her HIV test and makes an astounding confession about the circumstances surrounding her father's death. Donna and Noah are torn apart as Noah's family fortune is ripped away from him. Steve falls for a beautiful young woman, Sophie Burns (guest-star Laura Leighton), who has her eyes on fame, fortune and David.
Brandon and Kelly sleep together the night of the aborted wedding. Brandon considers their night together a mistake, while Kelly realizes that she wishes they had married after all. A lonely Brandon goes to Kelly's apartment in search of comfort and ends up staying the night. He then rejects Kelly's suggestion that they go on their honeymoon, and declares that he wants to move on. After her HIV test comes back negative, Valerie annoys everyone with her new policy of brutal honesty. David takes her cue and issues an ultimatum to his boss, who cuts him loose. David suspects that Val is pushing everyone away to punish herself for some reason.
Valerie makes a stunning confession about her father's death. He did not commit suicide; she murdered him. Donna goes against Noah's wishes by accepting an invitation to have dinner with his parents on Mr. Hunter's birthday. The evening proves to be a disaster, just as Noah had predicted. His father later visits the club and reveals that his company has gone bankrupt and the entire family is broke. A con artist named Sophie Burns befriends Steve, who gives her his room. She claims to be a graduate student at C.U., but actually has show biz aspirations. In spite of Steve's generosity, she decides to make a move on David.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Vincent Young as Noah Hunter
- Lindsay Price as Janet Sosna
Special Guest Stars
- Laura Leighton as Sophie Burns
- Duncan Sheik as Himself
- This episode was dedicated to former writer/producer Steve Wasserman, who died in a boating accident over the fourth of July weekend.
- Lindsay Price officially joins the cast as Janet Sosna.
- Laura Leighton played the popular character Sydney Andrews on Melrose Place. Her recurring role drew disapproval from many of the spinoff's fans, particularly when Melrose executive producers later revealed that they had developed a storyline that would have brought the presumed-dead Sydney back to the series, but could not even attempt to negotiate with Leighton because she was already under contract with 90210.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1986 film "The Morning After".
- Sophie orders room service from the Walsh's home phone. Wouldn't the hotel be able to tell that the call was coming in from an outside line vs. from within the hotel?
- crush | JENNIFER PAIGE
- barely breathing | DUNCAN SHEIK
- bite your tongue | DUNCAN SHEIK