Brandon and Kelly sleep together the night of the aborted wedding. Brandon considers their night together a mistake, while Kelly realizes that she wishes they had married after all. A lonely Brandon goes to Kelly's apartment in search of comfort and ends up staying the night. He then rejects Kelly's suggestion that they go on their honeymoon, and declares that he wants to move on. After her HIV test comes back negative, Valerie annoys everyone with her new policy of brutal honesty. David takes her cue and issues an ultimatum to his boss, who cuts him loose. David suspects that Val is pushing everyone away to punish herself for some reason. Valerie makes a stunning confession about her father's death. He did not commit suicide; she murdered him. Donna goes against Noah's wishes by accepting an invitation to have dinner with his parents on Mr. Hunter's birthday. The evening proves to be a disaster, just as Noah had predicted. His father later visits the club and reveals that his company has gone bankrupt and the entire family is broke. A con artist named Sophie Burns befriends Steve, who gives her his room. She claims to be a graduate student at C.U., but actually has show biz aspirations. In spite of Steve's generosity, she decides to make a move on David.
- Crush by Jennifer Paige
- Barely Breathing performed by Duncan Sheik
- Bite Your Tongue performed by Duncan Sheik
- Sophie orders room service from the Walsh's home phone. Wouldn't the hotel be able to tell that the call was coming in from an outside line vs. from within the hotel?
- Laura Leighton played the popular character Sydney Andrews on Melrose Place. Her recurring role drew disapproval from many of the spinoff's fans, particularly when Melrose executive producers later revealed that they had developed a storyline that would have brought the presumed-dead Sydney back to the series, but could not even attempt to negotiate with Leighton because she was already under contract with 90210.
- This episode was dedicated to former writer/producer Steve Wasserman, who died in a boating accident over the fourth of July weekend.
- Lindsay Price officially joins the cast as Janet Sosna.
The title of this episode is a reference to the 1986 film "The Morning After".