- „Grandma says I shouldn't be afraid to change my mind. To me, those are words to live by”
- —Brenda to her parents
Brenda returns to Beverly Hills to find her bedroom taken over by Brandon and her parents angry that she dropped out. College registration is too much for Dylan who has a kindred spirit, so he and Brenda pair for a fishing trip to talk about their future. David and Donna try to audition for the DJ's on the California University's radio show, while Andrea tries to get in with the university's newspaper, The Condor, and soon clashes with the egotistical student editor Josh Richland. But Andrea has a more friendly meeting of minds with Dan Rubin, her dorm faculty advisor. Meanwhile, Steve tries to get Brandon in on the fraternity life on the CU campus by pledging the Kappa Epsilon Gamma (K.E.G.)
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Zachary Throne as Howard
- Paul Collins as John Bardwell
- Patrick Fabian as Charlie Dixon
- First appearances of Dan Rubin and Josh Richland
- From talking to Kelly, Brenda finds out that Kelly and Dylan are not broken up after all.
- Donna compares David to gorgonzola
- Dylan wants get back with Brenda, but she wants them to stay friends.
- Andrea drops The Condor and switches her major from journalism to pre-med
- Due to the cast's lack of diversity, the students at Occidental College, the location of California University, were angry that the show was allowed to film there. Ian Ziering and showrunner Charles Rosin screened this episode the night before it aired and answered the student body's angry questions about the show.