Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Brandon meets and befriends surfer Dylan McKay, a mysterious loner who lives in a fancy hotel suite and hangs out at the beach with his surfer friends that include teenage alcoholic Betty. Meanwhile, Brenda feels she's living in poverty when she gets to know Kelly, and her insecure friend Donna.
Brandon meets Dylan McKay, a mysterious loner who stops some jocks from harassing Scott in tech class. Dylan takes Brandon surfing and introduces him to his friends, including a troubled young woman named Sarah. Brandon becomes disturbed by the behavior of Dylan's friends, who treat Sarah like a possession.
Brandon grows tired of Dylan's bad boy act after he raids a hotel room. Dylan reveals that he lives in the hotel, and only pretended to break in to preserve his reputation. Sarah nearly drowns while surfing drunk, but Brandon and Brenda save her life. Sarah seeks help for her drinking problem, and thanks Brandon for convincing her to believe in herself. Brenda is miffed at Kelly after she leaves her stranded at the beach. Steve's mother, an aging has-been actress, encourages him to be nice to David because she mistakenly believes that David's father is a producer.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Douglas Emerson as Scott Scanlon
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- Heather McAdam as Sarah
- Nancy Paul as Miss Rye
- Kelli Brook as Samantha Sanders (voice)
- Jonathan Pekar as Eric
- Steve Messina as Duane
- Alex Désert as Robinson
- Troy Shire as Jock #1
- Milt Tarver as Doctor
- Raoul N. Rizik as Tony
- Nicolas Reid as Jock #2
- Helena Apothaker as Dream Girl
- I'm not in a good mood today. In fact I'm feeling a little hostile
- – Dylan
- Brandon – Hey, my name is, uh, Brandon Walsh
- Dylan – Brandon Walsh? Scots or Irish?
- Brandon – Both actually, by way of Minnesota
- I just don't believe in winning through intimidation. Unless of course, I'm doing the intimidating
- – Dylan
- Brandon – What's this?
- Dylan – Ah, a little leisure reading
- Brandon – Byron, the Collected Works
- Mad, bad and dangerous to know. That was him and that's me
- – Dylan McKay
- If this is a day in the life of your basic Beverly Hills family, we're moving back to Minnesota
- – Cindy Walsh
- This episode introduces the character Dylan McKay.
- According to the addresses on the envelope in the intro, the Walshes move from: 1408- Walnut Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55348 to: 933- Hillcrest Drive Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- It was 105 degrees on the day the scene with the mailman was filmed, and the producers were having a hard time keeping the "snow" - which in reality was just a soap suds mixture - from evaporating in the heat.
- Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, Mike, Ralph And Johnny (Word To The Mutha)! – Bell Biv De Voe
- Monday, Monday – The Mama's and The Papa's
- Surf City – Jan Berry and Dean Torrence