|Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat|
|Season 2, Episode 3|
|Air date||September 22, 2009|
|Written by||Mark Driscoll|
|Directed by||Janice Cooke|
To Sext or Not to Sext
The Porn King
Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat is the third episode of the second season of 90210, the reboot of Beverly Hills, 90210. It aired on the CW on September 22, 2009. The episode was written by Mark Driscoll and directed by Janice Cooke.
Annie (Shenae Grimes) is humiliated that the entire school received her sext message and is on a mission to reveal Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) as the sender of the revealing photo. Harry (Rob Estes) and Debbie (Lori Loughlin) attempt to discuss Annie's situation but the conversation only causes more tension, leading Harry to open up to Kelly (Jennie Garth) about his family problems. Dixon (Tristan Wilds) meets his dream girl, Sasha (guest star Mekia Cox, "Bones") and sparks immediately begin to fly, though he fails to reveal his true age. Silver (Jessica Stroup) continues to get over Dixon while Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) and Navid (Michael Steger) deal with Teddy's (guest star Trevor Donovan, "Days of Our Lives") presence in their life. Liam (Matt Lanter), fed up with the lies between Naomi and Annie, retreats to his garage to work on a mysterious project. The gang joins Teddy on his father's yacht for an afternoon of ocean-filled drama. Ryan Eggold also stars
SynopsisEditAfter those photos have been exposed to the entire school, things have been very awkward for Annie. People are giving her weird looks and someone painted "slut" on her locker. Annie confronts Naomi, who denies sending out the pictures and blows her off, and Silver and Adriana leave with her. Silver gives Dixon back a box of his things and things are officially ended. Dixon tells his parents the truth about why he punched Mark. Later in the episode, he meets a girl at a pizza place who is a DJ. They really hit it off and he invites her to a party on Teddy's dad's yacht. Unfortunately she has a gig that same day and turns him down... but they make a date for the following night. Navid shows Adriana a video he made, apologizing for his poor behavior toward Teddy, and their relationship is solidified.
At the party, Annie decides to stop letting Naomi get away with things. Annie invites Mark to the yacht party. In front of Silver, Annie makes Mark tell the story of Naomi stealing his phone. Annie does this in attempts to regain Silver's friendship. Disgusted by the drama, Silver gets up and leaves, refusing to speak to anyone. Naomi tells her that while she may have won this little battle, the war is far from over.
Later, Annie approaches Naomi and tells her that she and Liam were hooking up the entire time they were together. She even tells her they were laughing at her behind her back. Annie, to get back at Naomi, tells her that everyone that loves Naomi ends up loving her more. Ethan, Liam... This comment gets to Naomi, and she walks away defeated. Silver overhears this exchange and is not happy with Annie.
Navid remains suspicious of Adriana and Teddy's relationship. The girl Dixon met previously in the episode, Sasha, was DJing at the party. Dixon pretended to be older than he actually is, and that he is a music executive. Silver and Navid play along with this lie.
At the end of the episode, Teddy's mysterious background develops. He is shown looking at blueprints. Silver had Dixon's name tattooed on her hip which she is getting removed. Silver explains that she overheard what Annie said to her, and in light of her cruelty, can't blame Naomi for what she did
- Rob Estes as Harry Wilson
- Shenae Grimes as Annie Wilson
- Tristan Wilds as Dixon Wilson
- AnnaLynne McCord as Naomi Clark
- Ryan Eggold as Ryan Matthews (Credit Only)
- Jessica Stroup as Erin Silver
- Michael Steger as Navid Shirazi
- Jessica Lowndes as Adrianna Tate-Duncan
- Lori Loughlin as Debbie Wilson
- Matt Lanter as Liam Court
Special Guest StarEdit
- The Episode title "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat" is a song featured in the Broadway hit musical "Guys & Dolls" (1950).
- Allusions: Dixon: My next women is gonna be all about the D-Man. I gonna find me a female Dixon. Navid: Okay, I'm picturing the start of a very bad Tyler Perry flick. Tyler Perry is a director and actor. In many of his projects, including the 2009 movie I Can Do Bad All by Myself, Perry plays a loud African-American female character named Madea
- Dixon: Of all the pizza joints, in all the towns, in all the world, you just had to walk into mine. Sasha: Oh my God, Casablanca... This is a variation of a famous quote by Humphrey Bogart from the 1942 movie Casablanca. The actual quote was "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Kelly: All I can say is, I am glad there were no camera phone things when I was here, because, you know...
Harry: You were pretty crazy, huh?
Kelly: I uh, I pretty much foreshadowed the whole Girls Gone Wild craze.
- "DJ" by Amanda Blank
- "Baptized in Blacklight" by Kenna
- "Bassment Party" by The Cool Kids
- "Get Together" by Standing Shadows
- "Hell Yeah" by Christian George
- "It's Your Touch" by The Black Ghosts
- "Poison" by Bel Biv Devoe
- "Red Light Love" by Those Darlins
- "Reminder (RAC Remix)" by Honeythieves
- "Soft Kill" by Taxi Doll
- "Take It Like a Big Girl" by Blackcowboy
- "The Plan" by Kite In The Air
- "Wanted" by Jessie James
- "We Run LA" by Dr. Hollywood