The gang prepares for its five-year high school reunion. Andrea returns for the event; after initially pretending that her life is perfect, she reveals that she is divorcing Jesse. Brandon tries to convince her to work things out; but she has already tried every possible solution, even dropping out of medical school to spend more time with her family. Andrea does not want to speak at the reunion, so Brandon takes her place and delivers a speech with the theme "it's okay to be yourself." Kelly becomes disgusted when Ross Webber, the guy who humiliated her after she lost her virginity to him, tries to exchange pleasantries. Valerie gives Ross a dressing-down and helps Kelly eradicate some old graffiti about her.
Steve is upset that his classmates expect him to bring a bimbo to the reunion. Janet volunteers to be his date to help him change his image. He completely ignores her to chase after a beautiful classmate. The woman is actually plotting revenge against Steve for mistreating her in school (when she was a geek); she arranges a prank in which he appears naked before the entire gathering. Steve shows up at Janet's house late at night to apologize, but she decides not to date him. Valerie attends the reunion with David and savors the chance to be anonymous. She claims that she works with the poor and that David is an international rock star. Donna becomes angry when a magazine names Noah one of L.A.'s most eligible bachelors.
West Beverly High School is having their 5-year reunion, and unlike every other high school reunion in history, it causes a lot of turmoil and a lot of lies amongst the group's former students and new members.
In short order:
- Brandon and Kelly are thrilled that Andrea Zuckerman is flying into town to participate, and smile about how awesome her life is. Unfortunately, Andrea is seen having a spectacularly ugly argument with her husband Jesse over a pay phone, where she reveals he lost out on a partnership at his law firm. When Andrea is pegged by the reunion committee as the best choice for a speaker, she breaks down and tells Brandon her marriage to Jesse is over, and then gets annoyed that Brandon keeps pressing her to be honest about her life (he also admits that he is keeping his infidelity with Kelly a general secret).
- Kelly has her own secret shame at the reunion: a jerk of a popular classmate is there with his sexy young wife, and he greets Kelly with a warm handshake...because he's forgotten, or is ignoring, that she lost her virginity to him and he proceeded to tell the entire school what a slut she was.
- Donna is on the reunion's organizing committee and has to spend time with the Tracy Flick of the group, a Stanford Law graduate who begrudgingly admires Donna's good ideas, but what ruins her day is when she sees Noah's picture included in a local newspaper's feature of the Most Successful Bachelors in L.A. Noah doesn't see what the big deal is and they end up having an argument when another committee member unsuccessfully tries to pick up Noah herself.
- David and Valerie are both embarrassed by their lack of great personal success, whether it's the fact that David writes silly commercial jingles or the cavalcade of horror that is Val's personal life. They both resolve to take on fake reunion personas, with David as a movie composer and Val as a relief worker who just finished helping earthquake victims in Japan.
- Steve is eager to show up at the reunion as the ladies' man he imagines himself to be, and doesn't notice that Beat editor Janet Sosna is making it very clear she is attracted to him. While Steve does agree to take her to the reunion, he quickly ignores her in favor of hitting on an attractive woman--who turns out to be a plain Jane turned stunner with plans to get revenge for Steve's behavior years ago.
Once at the reunion, most of the group's fortunes take turns for the better. Brandon delivers a speech in Andrea's case about it being OK that the alumni have made mistakes and aren't on top of the world, with a handsome student asking Andrea to dance and talking about his own divorce. David gets cheers and applause when he plays a jingle for a condom company. Valerie humiliates the jerk who ruined Kelly's high school life, and they both destroy a tile with anti-Kelly graffiti on it. Noah shows to romance Donna, who in turn shows up her obnoxious co-committee member. Only Steve has a less than positive night: he ends up being caught naked in front of everyone via his former classmate's prank, and while he handles that with amusement, he's left sad because Janet tells him he ruined the night and she doesn't want to go out with him again.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Vincent Young as Noah Hunter
Special Guest Star
- Dean Cochran as Ross Webber
- Hillary Matthews as Michelle Ashley
- Stephanie Dicker as Rhonda 'Gomer' Mogley
- Wendi Kenya as April Most
- Andrea and Jesse are splitting up