Jackie breaks her tooth during lunch at the beach club, but a nearby dentist comes to her rescue. He asks her out and reveals that he is Mel Silver... David's father. Kelly is mortified when the pair hit it off, and imagines life as David's step-sister. She determines that she must break up the couple and behaves rudely during a dinner. Kelly breaks down in tears and explains that she is afraid of losing her mother.
She apologizes to Mel and helps David deal with the realization that his parents won't reunite. Andrea goads Brandon into spending time with a fatherless boy from the youth center. Brandon develops a friendship with a boy named Felix, then discovers that his mother is beating him. He grapples over whether to report the abuse. Brenda cannot stop thinking about Dylan while he is away in Hawaii.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Coleby Lombardo as Felix
- Lenore Kasdorf as Suzanne
- Donna – What's the big deal, I mean, just because David's a geek doesn't mean his dad is
- Kelly – Donna, an avocado doesn't fall far from the tree
- First appearance of Mel Silver
- Kelly and Brenda have lunch with Jackie at the beach club and invite Andrea to join them
- Andrea volunteers at the Valley Youth Center during summer
- David's parents are finalizing their divorce.
- Brenda starts fantasizing about Dylan
- summertime | THE TROGGS