Brandon meets senior Melissa Coolidge on the school lawn during lunch. He makes a date with her and learns that she is the mother of an infant son, Joey. Brandon is forced into emergency babysitting duty while Melissa has an interview with Harvard. Jim and Cindy are unavailable, but Steve helps Brandon through the eventful afternoon. Melissa's interview does not go well, and she becomes frustrated with her life. She fears that she may have to give up her son, but motherly Cindy calms her with a heart-to-heart talk. Brenda and Kelly win skydiving lessons from a radio contest. Initially afraid, they decide to go through with it when they meet the handsome instructor. They compete for his attention and during their in-flight argument, they both fall from the plane at once, laughing and screaming through the entire jump.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Douglas Emerson as Scott Scanlon
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Kristin Dattilo as Melissa Coolidge
- Charles Rosin got a telegram from viewers about this episode, since Brandon is out driving after his DUI and car crash in the previous episode, which was the first time the writers and producers got a sense of the show's increasing popularity.