Valerie introduces Colin to an art buyer while Kelly decides to quit taking drugs. When Susan's ex-boyfriend comes to town to support her nomination for a prestigious journalism award, Brandon senses trouble when he realizes the two share a secret common bond. Meanwhile, trouble lurks when Steve's spring break friend Elle, flirts with Clare's father.
Jonathan returns to Beverly Hills which once again discourages Brandon during a writer awards dinner in which Susan receives an award for a poignant article about a woman's abortion. Later, Susan then reveals to Brandon that she was the woman the article was about in which getting an abortion was the reason that broke up the conservative-minded Jonathan and the liberal-minded Susan. Valerie pretends to be Colin's agent to an art collector who is interested in buying some of Colin's paintings, hoping she will get a share of the money, and that he will quit drugs.
But Valerie becomes discouraged when after she sells two of his paintings, Colin vows to continue using drugs because he claims that being under the influence is part of his creative process. Meanwhile, Clare refuses to believe Steve's true story when his Palm Springs "old flame" Elle, (from the P.S. I Love You episode) a transvestite, suddenly shows up and starts flirting with her father. Also, Kelly tries to tell David and others that she has given up cocaine, but no one believes her.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Kathleen Robertson as Clare Arnold
Special Guest Star
- Charles Conrad as Himself
- Jason Wiles as Colin Robbins
- Emma Caulfield as Susan Keats
- Cameron Bancroft as Joe Bradley
- Nicholas Pryor as Chancelor Milton Arnold
- Carl T. Evans as Jonathan Casten
- Monika Schnarre as Elle
- John Lafayette as Sterling Penn