Mulholland is the fifteenth episode of the new Melrose Place series. The episde premiered on March 23, 2010 on The CW.
Ella is a little overwhelmed by Jonah's constant attention and during an unusual social gathering he brings her to, she decides couple-hood might not be for her. Meanwhile, Lauren succumbs to the merciless Dr. Mancini's threats to break up with David. David decides to buy the restaurant Coal, but the price turns out to be a little higher than he thought. So, David asks Amir to set him up for another robbery job to get the money needed, except that David gets caught by Morgan, the wild-child bad girl of the home's owner whom demands sexual favors in exchange for her silence. Also, Drew begins to moonlight in a rock band, and Amanda catches Ben and Riley in a compromising position as she continues searching for the stolen painting.
Amanda is poking around for hidden treasure when she walks, uninvited, into David's apartment and starts checking out the art on his walls.
When he tells her one of them is a Sydney Original, she's interested. When he tells her Syd gave it to him shortly before she was killed, she's really interested. Unfortunately, it turns out that Syd's painting is just that. Not what she was really looking for.
Meanwhile, Riley's business trip to D.C. ends with her kissing her boss. They play it off like it was a strange mistake. Then Ben heads over to Melrose and breaks up with Amanda. He wants Riley and he tells her as much. Amanda is having Ben followed and photos are taken of him and Riley kissing. Then Amanda confronts Riley with the photos and tells Riley she crossed a line and considers it an affront. Riley feels terrible so she quits - him and her job.
David is trying to get his life together. He's quit stealing from people, he admits Lauren that he has a kid who he thought was his brother, and even shows up to the hospital with takeout for his girl. But Lauren's struck a deal with the evil Dr. Mancini so she dumps David. Once David is set loose he rushes out and starts stealing from people again so he can buy Coal. But to do so he needs to rob a giant diamond and gets busted.
David's stealing from her very mean and powerful father, but his daughter simply doesn't care. In fact, the gal tells David that she'll let him walk - WITH the diamond - if he'll have sex with her. Dad arrives and interrupts. Rain check?
David calls the gang to Coal to announce that he's the new owner and it's clear that everyone is wondering where he got the cash. As he heads back to his home his helper from earlier awaits. She caught his license plate as he left the crime scene and she's ready to make good on their deal.
Things are getting too domestic for Ella, so when Jonah confronts her about flirting with an agent at their doggy birthday party date. She says a relationship might not be for her. Jonah realizes that if he's going to have Ella he has to take her as she is, and you know what, he's okay with that. Ella's a flirt and Jonah's a serial monogamist.
- .Drew: (referring to Jonah and Riley) Are you guys, like, over, or like over, over?
- Jonah: Let's just say there's no putting Humpty back together again.
- Ben: So?
- Riley: So?
- Ben: So, they're photos of two people kissing. Two single, unattached people.
- Riley: Ben, you know what this means.
- Ben: Yeah, it means that I should learn to keep my drapes shut...and that this shirt makes me look paunchy.
- Drew: Unless I'm wrong, you had a pretty well-defined thing going with Riley...living together, totally committed, totally comfortable.
- Jonah: And?
- Drew: And look where that got you. See, with a girl like Ella, you have to let go of all preconceptions. If you stop trying to make her into someone she's not, you may end up liking the person she already is.
- Jonah: You don't want a dog?
- Ella: Oh no, no, no. You see, dogs and I don't really match up.
- Jonah: Why?
- Ella: All the hair everywhere, the throw up, the humping of the leg. It's like living with a frat boy on all-fours.
- Ella: Jonah, I'm sorry, okay? I tried. But if it means giving up who I am, then I guess I'm not couple material. No his and her towels, no one drink two straws...no.
- Jonah: Guess the, uh, tandem bicycle's totally out of the question?
- "Alejandro" by Lady Gaga
- "Shake My" by Three Six Mafia
- "Quite Like You" by Sleepy Will
- "Love" by VV Brown
- "VCR" by The xx
- "In Search Of" by Mike Snow
- "All Night" by Annie
- Charlie: (to Jonah) I want you to meet Kyle Tell, he's a VP at Sony. He's got an assignment, it's a Seth Rogen project, and you're perfect for it.
- Seth Rogen is an actor, comedian, and producer. He starred in the TV series Freaks and Geeks and has appeared in numerous comedy movies, including Superbad and The 40-Year-Old Virgin.
- Jonah: (to Drew) I wasn't much the a partying mood after Ella and I had a Thrilla in Manila-size throwdown.
- The Thrilla in Manila was the final heavyweight boxing match between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, fought in the Philippines on October 1, 1975. Ali was declared the winner when Frazier's trainer stopped the fight after fourteen rounds.