Mother's Day is a tough time for Clare, who misses hers; and for Kelly, who fears she may be one. Meanwhile, Valerie schemes to get David to buy her out of their club.
Derek Driscoll continues to counsel Valerie on investing and convinces her to sell her shares in After Dark to David so she has a more substantial account for investment. Valerie devises a plan to make David want out of being partners; she kisses him and in turn Donna demands he end their working relationship. David initially asks Valerie to buy him out but she convinces him to buy her out. David jubilantly announces the decision to Donna. Clare is depressed that it is Mother's Day, ever since her mother died it has been difficult for her and her father. Steve suggests they drive up the coast to take her mind off things. The couple realizes that if they are going to make it as a couple they have to stop their constant bickering. Clare thinks that it is her father who is having the hard time getting over her mother’s death but Steve discovers that Chancellor Arnold is fine, he is only trying to protect and spare Clare. Kelly thinks that she is pregnant and tells Donna, Brandon and even her mother. Brandon is very supportive and honest as they discuss the pros and cons of abortion.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Kathleen Robertson as Clare Arnold
Special Guest Stars
- Olivia Brown as Professor Langely
- Monica as Herself
- Katherine Cannon as Felice Martin