June is the eleventh episode of the new Melrose Place series. The epsidoe premiered on December 1, 2009 on The CW.
Amanda moves into Sydney’s penthouse while her Bel Air mansion is being built and takes an interest in David. Meanwhile, David and Lauren’s relationship continues to grow despite her continue to hide her secret call-girl profession from him, and Ella uses her charms to get Jonah a new job. Also, Amanda and Michael reunite.
Amanda calls a friend and figures that Sydney gave someone the item she is looking for. In Melrose, David and Lauren return to the apartment after going to a Kings of Leon concert. David asks her to come up to his room, but she says she has to work early at the hospital.
Jonah puts on a tie for the first day of work. Riley says she isn't really excited about him working with Ella. Before getting in bed, Riley admits she has a gigantic honey I am home fantasy. After Michael gets back home, Vanessa tells him she caught David snooping around, but figures he wanted to see Noah. After Vanessa goes to the bedroom, Michael looks in his car and sees Sydney's bloody necklace missing.
The next morning, Jonah arrives at the WPK agency and meets with Ella. She tells him that she worships Amanda, but the feeling is not mutual. Jonah asks Amanda for boundaries by keeping their relationship professional. Jonah introduces himself to Amanda as their new IT guy. After his meeting, Ella says she doubts Amanda likes him.
At the apartment, Riley catches Violet about to give her an envelope full of cash to pay her back for the bail money. Violet admits she thinks what she did to Auggie was completely wrong. She explains a real friend would have never turned him in. Riley says she had no choice since she didn't want to be caught withholding information. Violet asks her how she can sleep at night.
While driving, Michael cuts off David and pulls him over. Michael tells him he knows he was in his car. Michael says he is worried about his friend Lauren since she seems like she is crumbling. Michael returns home and finds Amanda waiting for him. She says the Los Angeles WPK office needs help. She admits she wants to be in the middle of the action. She says Sydney told her she had a relationship with him. Amanda asks for an item she says has sentimental value, but realizes he doesn't have what she wants. Michael suggests she talk to his son David who was with Sydney right before she died.
Violet's brother Levi, visits her at the restaurant. She tells him he shouldn't come to California. Violet says after she found her real mom, she was murdered. Levi tells her his dad was angry at first, but has forgiven her. He asks her to come home now. Violet says she is different now. Levi says he will tell everyone back home she said hi.
At WPK, Ella brings Jonah lunch while he tries to fix the computers. Jonah says the amount of snooping tools in the office would scare Dick Cheney. Ella asks him to look up her name to see the emails that mentions her. Jonah is hesitant to help since he signed a confidentiality agreement. Ella explains the job is her life. She shares that she made up stories when she was young since her mom was in a pharmaceutical haze. Ella asks Jonah for a favor to help keep her job.
At the hospital, David meets with Lauren and asks her if she did anything that could get her fired. He says Michael is going to scrutinize her work. Lauren says Michael will be professional.
David meets with Detective Rodriguez and says he found Sydney's necklace with her blood on it in Michael's car. Rodriguez tells him that the evidence was found illegally and not admissible in court. He tells him they can discover the evidence in another way, they can use it.
Michael tells Lauren that she gave a patient the wrong medication and the mistake could end her career.
Jonah tells Ella that she is under Amanda's radar. She reads the email which says she is fine when it comes to relationships, but needs to sign more clients. Jonah finds an email from Ella to Caleb telling him that Jonah is in her palm of her hand.
Violet finds Levi fixing her plumbing. After she asks him to leave, Levi says he is not going back to Oregon empty handed. Levi tells Violet he wants to stay there until he gets clean and will stay there for a month since she owes her money. Levi says he is not going anywhere while he tries to kiss her, but Riley interrupts them. Riley gives Levi money and asks him to leave. Levi tells Riley that Violet is a manipulative bitch.
David finds Amanda in the courtyard. She says she used to live there and is a friend of his father. Amanda admits she knows he is an art thief. She says she gave Sydney a keepsake and it hasn't turned up. David refuses to help her. After David gets a text from Lauren, he meets her at the hospital. Lauren asks him if Michael would falsify paperwork. David says Michael might be capable of murders since he found Sydney's bloody necklace in his car. He explains the police won't do anything since the evidence was stolen. David tells her to do something in order to keep her job.
Jonah confronts Ella about not giving him credit for the Boomkat video. Ella tells him reading the email out of context is totally misleading. Jonah feels she screwed him over. Ella says she was afraid her career was in jeopardy, but he doesn't believe her. Jonah tells Ella he is done with her and will quit.
Lauren asks Michael to talk to him about David. She says David admitted that he broke into his car. She says she is worried about him and is afraid he might be killed. She says he told him about the necklace. After Michael asks, Lauren says the necklace is in his apartment. Michael figures that Lauren is talking to him because she wants to keep her job. Lauren says David is going to take her out that night and she is going to say something to him.
Ella tells Amanda that HR is looking for a new IT guy. Amanda admits she knows that Ella looked at her files. Amanda says now she knows what she is capable of, she wants to see how far she will go.
Riley comes home and sees a note from Jonah saying he will be back later. Levi enters and asks Riley about Auggie and Violet. Levi admits that he has feelings toward Violet since Violet is adopted. Levi takes Jonah's camera and wrecks his desk. Violet arrives with a bat and threatens to call the cops. Levi breaks Jonah's camera then leaves. Jonah arrives and tells Riley that every time she gets involved with Violet something bad happens. Jonah admits since he doesn't trust Ella, he quit his job at WPK.
Michael searches through David's apartment while he is away. He takes the bloody necklace out of his desk. Rodriguez arrives and admits that David tipped him off. After Rodriguez finds the bloody necklace, he places him under arrest for breaking and entering.
David thanks Lauren for trusting him. Lauren says now she sees what Michael is capable of, she understands him better. After the other residents arrive, David announces that Michael was the one who killed Sydney. David says they should toast to Auggie for being cleared. Amanda arrives and says Jane is going to let her move into the penthouse.
- Detective Rodriguez: If that necklace is the result of an illegal search, it's useless. Completely inadmissible in court.
- David: But that necklace ties my father to a crime scene! It proves that you're about to put the wrong person on trial! I--
- Detective Rodriguez: Careful, Breck. You're in the middle of a police station right now, dangerously close to admitting you committed a felony B&E.
- David: I can't believe he's about to get off on a technicality!
- Detective Rodriguez: If I were to find evidence on Mancini in another way, I'd have no problem taking it to the DA. Might even be enough to cast out on your friend Auggie's murder charge.
- David: Keep your phone on, you'll be hearing from me.
- Ella: I just clicked on this link David sent me, and now I have these pop-ups of naked women all over my desktop.
- Jonah: Oh, that sounds like a random malware installer, that's easy to get rid of.
- Ella: I'm kidding! I never click on David's links. And since when are naked women a bad thing?
- Jonah: Um, I'll let you know as soon as I read a company handbook.
- Ella: Yeah, I'm not sure if we have one of those, although I would not be surprised if Amanda put one out written in blood.
- Jonah: Wait, I thought you worshiped her.
- Ella: I do. But apparently the feeling's not mutual. I am on such thin ice right now that I should be wearing a wetsuit under my dress
- Amanda: (referring to Sydney) David, I gave her something of mine, a keepsake. It hasn't shown up in her belongings.
- David: I'm not a lost and found.
- Amanda: Well, if you don't have what I'm looking for, maybe you could help me find it.
- David: Look, I'm all for helping out strangers in need, but after you walk in here and accuse me of being some criminal, I think I'll pass.
- Amanda: Alright. Just know that as an upstanding citizen, I may have to do whatever it takes to protect the community from thieves like you.
- Jonah: You completely screwed me over!
- Ella: Okay! I made the wrong call, I should have fought for you. But I was worried that my job was on the line, and--
- Jonah: Wait! Is that all you care about? All this bogus cheer-leading, it was all about you the whole time?
- Ella: What? No! It's about the big picture...positioning both of us so that we could succeed far beyond where we are--
- Jonah: Stop, stop, stop, I don't believe a word of it anymore, Ella! So as my publicist, my agent, manager, and so-called friend, you are officially fired!
- Amanda: My computer has been set up to see anyone who's accessed my files, IT guy or not. I know exactly why you've turned up the heat on all the available talent in this town, Ella.
- Ella: Wow, uh, so any reason why my security card still works in the parking garage?
- Amanda: Well, you're undeniably cutthroat, you're not afraid to throw a friend under the bus to get what you want. But do this to me again, and you're finished here. And everywhere else that matters.
- Ella: Thanks...I guess.
- Amanda: Now that I know exactly what you're capable of, let's see how much further you're willing to go
- Jonah: (looking at the damage Levi caused in the apartment) Okay, um, help me understand here. What happened? Did you and Violet have, like, a cage fight in here?
- Riley: I sort of got between Violet and her brother/slash boyfriend.
- Jonah: Um, okay. Why does that not phase me in the least?
- David: Last night, the police arrested my father. He was the one who murdered Sydney. We all know that Auggie was innocent. And now with the right man in custody, it's only a matter of time before he's exonerated.
- Ella: Well I hope there's a greeting card for "sorry we all thought you stabbed the landlord to death."
- Michael: I know you were in my car.
- David: Why, are the floor mats missing?
- Michael: David, this is not a game.
- David: Oh, I know, very serious. I suggest you go get your affairs in order and prepare to go away for a little while.
- Amanda: I'm an old friend of your father and Syd's. Actually, we all used to live here.
- David: Good times. Hey, was there something in the chlorine back then that made you guys all so twisted?
- Amanda: Actually, I'm not sure it dissipated. Stealing art? Isn't that kind of a twisted way to make a living?
- Amanda: I'm looking for something I loaned Sydney before she died. It's not worth much, just a lot of sentimental value.
- Michael: What could possibly have sentimental value to Amanda Woodward? Some kind of medieval torture device?
- "Obsession" by Andy Caldwell
- "Infinifish" by Robert Brinkerhoff & Grace Peters
- "One Of Those Days" by Joy Williams
- "Unstoppable" by Kat Deluna
- "You Know I Like That" by Abi Ryan
- "Ride To California" by Paper Tongues
- "Things Are What They Used To Be (Desire Mix)" by Zoot Woman
- "Can't Stop" by Dan Kircher
- "Hold Yourself" by El May
- "Dull Life" by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Jonah: (to Ella) You guys have one of the most insane video conferencing set-ups I've ever seen...and these crazy snooping tools that would freak even Dick Cheney out.
- This is a reference to former U.S. vice president Dick Cheney and the concerns that U.S. citizens had about privacy when the Bush administration heightened security after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- David: I told you they were decent seats.
- Lauren: Uh, front row for Kings of Leon is beyond decent, David.
- King of Leon is a rock band formed in 1999 by three brothers and their cousin in Tennessee. The band didn't achieve widespread success in the U.S. until the release of their album Only by the Night in 2008.