At the age of 17, Stroup received a scholarship to attend the University of Georgia, but turned it down to pursue acting.
At only 17, she moved to Los Angeles and immediately took acting classes and received both modeling and acting offers. Since then, Jessica has starred in several hit horror movies including Prom Night (2008) and The Hills Have Eyes II (2007), and is booked a lead role in the brand new spin-off 90210 (2008) as one of the lead characters, Erin Silver. In her spare time, Jessica enjoys hanging out with friends and family, watching movies, playing volleyball and listening to music.
- Was originally going to play Zoe in I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (2006) but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Is a natural brunette, despite being blonde in The Hills Have Eyes II (2007).
- Started modeling when she was 15 years old, which sparked an interest in her choice of career.
- Resides in Los Angeles.
- Has an old brother, Dave Stroup.
- Auditioned for a role in April Fool's Day (2008).
- As well as starring in horror movies, she is a huge horror movie fan. Some of her favorites include The Shining (1980), Poltergeist (1982) and Pet Sematary (1989).
- Her mother is a former, "Miss North Carolina", and suggested to Jessica that she should take up modeling.
- Best friends with actress Brittany Snow. The two frequently audition together, and both starred in Prom Night (2008).
- Dated Dustin Milligan from 2008-2010.
- Is a fan of the Clemson Tigers.
- She originally auditioned for the role of Annie in 90210, but believes she wasn't Midwestern enough. Jessica was driving home from the grocery store when she found out she got the part of Silver. She was so excited that she almost got pulled over.
- Is best friends with her co-star, Shenae Grimes.