Brandon returns home from Boston where he spent the summer working at the Boston Herald. He quickly discovers that Kelly has also returned, with a new boyfriend, Colin Robbins, whom she met while modeling in New York. Donna is determined to alter her abusive relationship with Ray, while Valerie has had the run of the Walsh house with her wild, best friend, Ginger and Dylan returns from his travels around the world determined to seek revenge against the man he thinks killed his father.
With the Walsh house in escrow, Brandon and Valerie begin looking for a new place to live, but not before they throw one final summer bash at the Walsh house. Donna invites the gang to a party on her parent's yacht only to have the night end on a sour note and Kelly's birthday celebration at the Greek Theater clears up some unfinished business.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Jamie Walters as Ray Pruit
- Kathleen Robertson as Clare Arnold
Special Guest Star
- Elisa Donovan as Ginger LaMonica
- Katherine Cannon as Felice Martin
- Michael Durrell as John Martin
- Ryan Brown as Morton Muntz
- Ken Lerner as Jerry Korman
- Elaine Joyce as Candace
- Lionel Mark Smith as Ben Harris
- Kelly – Dylan. We're over. You don't need me anymore
- Dylan – I'll always need you
- ―Treading water
- „Well, then, you better forget about Brandon. The one thing he doesn't have is money”
- —Val to Ginger
- „Well, when his father was killed I wasn't really much help to him. Guess I feel sorta bad about that”
- —Kelly to Colin about Dylan
- Ginger – I'm Val's friend Ginger
- Kelly – Oh, well any friend of Valerie's...
- Ginger – ... Care to finish that?
- Kelly – No
- Ginger and Brandon hook-up
- Nat berates Brandon for trashing his home
- Clare and David broke up two months ago
- Iris McKay got 6 million dollars to disappear when she and Jack divorced
- Kelly's dad left when she was two
- Jack McKay's cellmate of two years, Ben Harris, gives Dylan the name of Jack's assassin: Anthony Marchette
- Joe E. Tata, Kathleen Robertson and Jamie Walters are upgraded to regular cast members.
- First appearances of Colin Robbins and Ginger LaMonica. Ginger has been mentioned by Valerie previously
- Dorian Gregory appears as a prison guard in this episode. 3 years later Gregory starred with Shannen Doherty in the WB fantasy series Charmed
- "Home Is Where the Heart Is" is a soap opera set in Britain.
- in the summertime (cover) | SHAGGY
- juke joint jezebel | KMFDM