Brandon happens to be rollerblading in the same park that a popular primetime television show is filming an episode. The producers seek him out as an emergency replacement for one of the extras. He hits it off with the star, Lydia Leeds, and is considered for a recurring role. However, Lydia is only using him to make her leading man/boyfriend jealous so that he will end his holdout.
Brandon finds himself used and humiliated, especially when he discovers that the producers never really intended to make his character permanent - it was all a ploy to show their leading man he was replaceable and convince him to return to the show. Meanwhile, since Brandon is off dabbling in show business the Peach Pit finds its wait staff short.
Brenda reluctantly steps in for him at the Peach Pit, annoyed that she has to wait tables while Brandon is off living the life of the rich and famous. She is in over her head until she adopts the persona of Laverne, a sassy, gum-chomping waitress. She quickly charms all of the customers with her wisecracks and lip-synch routines.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Douglas Emerson as Scott Scanlon
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Marcy Kaplan as Lydia Leeds
- Hooray for Hollywood by Johnnie Davis and Frances Langford
- It's My Party by Lesley Gore