Steve is bothered by the appearance of his old nemesis Chuck Wilson, the former child actor who stared in the TV series Hartley House with his stepmother, Samantha, who is asked to appear in a reunion TV show.
Chuck Wilson, Samantha Sanders's old sitcom co-star and Steve's childhood nemesis, transfers to West Beverly after being kicked out of private school. Steve is depressed when Kelly agrees to go to a dance with Chuck. Samantha orders Steve to be nice to Chuck in the hopes of persuading him to appear in a reunion movie. Chuck taunts Steve about being adopted, and reveals that he knew about the adoption nine years before Steve. Steve punches him, but takes all the blame for the fight so that Chuck will sign the movie deal. He is hurt that once again his mother has put her career ahead of him, and decides to search for his biological parents.
Samantha backs out on the film after learning that her agent told Chuck about the adoption. Kelly stands up to Chuck and brings Steve to the dance, but a teacher kicks him out because he is suspended. Steve's friends see him off as he catches a bus to Albuquerque to search for his mother, Karen Brown. Everyone teases Donna about going to the dance with David, so she claims they are only friends. However, she kisses him in the middle of the dance floor and announces to everyone that she likes him.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Christina Belford as Samantha Sanders
- Andy Hirsch as John Griffin
- Scott Jaeck as Mr. Chapman