TENSIONS ESCALATE BETWEEN BRANDON AND KELLY AND NOAH SUFFERS A FAMILY TRAGEDY — Tensions fire between Brandon and Kelly when she is forced to rely on him to help save the clinic from drastic budget cuts. Donna helps Noah make amends with his father, but a tragic event takes place that will forever prevent reconciliation. Sophie leads on Steve as she puts the moves on David. Valerie gets a terrible surprise when she attempts to reach out to her mother (guest star Michelle Phillips).
After learning that the clinic may lose funding, Kelly asks Brandon to write a story to generate publicity. They try to collaborate on the article, but find that working together is too painful. Kelly organizes an auction to raise money for the clinic. She models her wedding gown in the fashion show portion of the event, and Brandon outbids everyone for a date with her. Brandon and Kelly take a walk on the beach and decide that they are through. The clinic must still cut back its staff (even after the fundraiser), so Kelly resigns. Although David believes that Valerie killed her father in self-defense and should move on, she insists on bringing her mother to town to discuss the situation. When Val tries to confess, she learns that Abby knew of the abuse prior to her husband's death.
She did not take any action because she believed that Victor would seek help. Valerie finds a connection with Abby's fiancé, an ex-policeman. He killed an acquaintance in the line of duty, but has come to realize that he was not to blame. Noah offers his support to his father and enjoys an afternoon with him. When Mr. Hunter rejects his assistance, Noah snaps that his father has no one but himself to blame for his problems. Mr. Hunter commits suicide moments after the argument. Sophie cashes in her student loan and sneaks around with David. David's work as emcee at the auction gets him a try-out with a local radio station.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Vincent Young as Noah Hunter
- Lindsay Price as Janet Sosna
Special Guest Star
- Laura Leighton as Sophie Burns
- Michelle Phillips as Abby Malone
- Ray Wise as Daniel Hunter
- Rosie Malek-Yonan as Nurse Barbara
- Pat Crowley as Audrey Cutler
- Bruce Williams as Carl Schmidt
- Jack Maxwell as John Wakefield
- Robert Caso as Rick Miller
- Ludo Vika as Carla
- First appearance of Abby Malone