While some of his Beverly Hills, 90210 cohorts were reduced to pop-culture punch lines, this boyish actor pushed ahead with an eclectic career after the demise of the popular prime-time teen soap. After getting his start with a three-year stint on Knots Landing, Green moved to Beverly Hills in 1990. During his 10-year tenure on the show, he appeared in a handful of TV-movies and dated a few of his costars (Tiffani Thiessen and Vanessa Marcil, who is the mother of his son).
During the lean years, he made occasional guest spots and directed an independent film. Green's luck changed in 2005 with a tongue-in-cheek cameo as himself in the feature Domino and a gig as Freddie Prinze Jr.'s sex-obsessed sidekick on the sitcom Freddie, although the show only lasted one season. He subsequently had more luck playing Derek Reese on the 2008-09 scf-fi series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and stuck with sci-fi, in 2009, with the role of Metallo on the Smallville series. Back in real life, his on-off six-year relationship with actress Megan Fox kept him in the tabloids until the couple finally wed in 2010.
- Father was a professional drummer who did studio work for Frank Sinatra and toured with Glen Campbell.
- His paternal grandmother was born in Indiana, to Italian parents. He also has English, Irish, Scottish, Hungarian & Cherokee Native American ancestry.
- Parents added Austin to his name when he was 9 because there was another Brian Green in the Screen Actors Guild.
- Got his big break playing Donna Mills' son on Knots Landing from 1986 to 1989.
- His character on Beverly Hills, 90210, David Silver, made his way among the cooler kids on the show through his involvement in music. Following Silver's (and his real-life father's) footsteps, Green turned to music in his own life.
- Released a critically panned rap album, One Stop Carnival, in 1996.
- Began a music-production company called Shen Productions.
- Also known for his role as Derek Reese on the 2008-09 TV sci-fi drama, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, as well as his work on Smallville, playing Metallo, a role he took on in 2009.
- Has four sons: Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green (born March 30, 2002) with former fiancée Vanessa Marcil, Noah Shannon Green (born on September 27, 2012), Bodhi Ransom Green (born on February 14, 2014) and Journey River Green (born on August 4, 2016) with wife Megan Fox.
- Plays the piano, drums and guitar.